By Michael G. Stogner
The Horse Park at Woodside
I have asked San Mateo County Sheriff Carlos G. Bolanos his Public Information Officer Rosemary Blankswade and San Mateo County Manager Mike Callagy to comment on this subject. So far none of them have made a comment to me yet. If they do I will publish it.
As most of San Mateo County is starting to realize the County has remained off of the State Watchlist for several weeks when there was no benefit in doing so even if the Data on the County Website were true. SMC has always had SFO in County and San Jose International just to the south in Santa Clara County, Both had several non-stop flights to and from Wuhan per day. To this day we do not know how COVID-19 is transmitted, There is NO CURE, NO TREATMENT, NO VACCINE. San Mateo County Website claims it has a Testing goal of 1,800 per day, in the entire month of July they reached that goal only 2 days for the entire month.
They are expecting between 300-350 people to attend this three day event.
Now is not the time to hold this event. There is a Pandemic.
Upcoming August Events at The Horse Park
and COVID-19 Preventative Measures
The Horse Park will be hosting two major horse shows in August, which are put on by two of the West Coast’s top show producers, The Summer Event at Woodside Horse Trials (August 7-9) and Silicon Valley Equestrian Hunter/Jumper Festival (August 19-23 & 26-30). These shows are authorized under the State guidance. Every aspect of the shows will meet the strict requirements for competition outlined in the California Department of Food and Agriculture’s “Equestrian Event Resources.” These outdoor, controlled-access shows will adhere to the robust Covid-19 biosecurity protocols and compliance measures established by the national federations for the sport, specifically the United States Equestrian Federation.
The Horse Park prioritizes the safety of our members, exhibitors and surrounding community. The following are some of the things that will be strictly enforced in regard to Covid-19 preventative measures:
- Every person entering the property will be screened and have their temperature taken every day. No one with Covid-19 symptoms or who has known direct exposure to Covid-19 will be allowed on property.
- Following successful daily screening, participants will receive a daily wrist band.
- Social distancing will be required and strictly enforced.
- Masks are mandatory at all times except when riding a horse or consuming food or beverage.
- No spectators are allowed.
- No social events or gatherings are allowed.
- Additional handwashing stations and sanitizer dispensers will be widely spread around the facility for everyone’s use.
- Signage is posted throughout the Horse Park regarding basic rules and Covid-19 safety measures. Additional signs will be installed for even greater visibility.
- All show attendees will sign a statement in advance agreeing to Covid-19 rules for competition and acknowledging that they will be asked to leave if they do not comply. The signed statement will also include contact information and consent for future contact tracing should that be required.
- There will be biosecurity compliance officers walking around the property for the duration of the competition to ensure strict adherence to the rules.
- The Horse Park will ensure ongoing cleaning of all common surfaces and areas.
We are pleased to support our valued equestrian constituents and host these exciting events. We will insist on participants’ compliance with the rules to ensure a safe and enjoyable competition for everyone. We continue to be impressed by the wonderful Horse Park community, and we thank you in advance for your support.