By Michael G. Stogner
It’s time San Mateo County residents are honest about sex crimes against children especially those living in areas where the Sheriff’s Office is the Law Enforcement Agency.
From the Grand Jury Report:
Sheriff’s Office Sex Crimes Unit
In 2007 the Sheriff’s Office discovered that the two assigned detectives were not funded. They were then eliminated from the budget. Further, in April 2007 to fund the Jail Planning Lieutenant; the Sheriff combined the duties of the SHOP sergeant with the general crimes sergeant. Therefore, in April 2007, the Sheriff’s Office eliminated funding for the dedicated sexual offense enforcement unit within the investigations division resulting in case coverage of one sergeant (25% time), one detective (50% time) and two other detectives (25% total time). This represents a 75% reduction from four dedicated Full-Time-Equivalents (FTEs) to one FTE shared among four persons, as well as the elimination of county-wide coordination among cities. The Sheriff’s Office budget approved by the BOS shows the following appropriations for SHOP:
What else happened in 2007 involving the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office top 1&2 guys?
What happened in early 2010, “Gross Misconduct in the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office” Porn and Violent Rape Video being shared with 45 of SMCSO’s finest MEN. What did the Supervisors do about it?
Kaylan Charles Freeman of El Granada arrested January 2021
San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office NEWS RELEASE
Type of Crime/Incident:
July 29, 2021 6 pm
El Granada, CA
PC 288(a) – Lewd acts with child under 14-year-old
H&S 11377(A) – Possession of a controlled substance
Michael Banister – 35 years old
Summary: On August 2, 2021, Sheriff’s Office Detectives started investigating a case involving an 11-year-old child who was sexually assaulted on 3 different occasions by a family friend. He was identified as suspect Michael Banister from El Granada, CA. The sexual assaults took place near his residence while he was babysitting the child.
On August 31, 2021, Detectives obtained a $500,000 arrest warrant for Banister for the above sexual assault charges. Shortly after the warrant was issued, Bannister was placed under arrest by Deputies from the Coastside Patrol Bureau without incident. Banister has a lengthy criminal history from Oregon and had recently moved to El Granada within the past 2 years.
If you have any information about the suspect, please contact Detective J. Fava at 650-363- 4192 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Written by: Sergeant Joe Cang – Investigations Bureau
Case #: 21-7134 Release Date: 09-01-2021
PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER • Lieutenant Eamonn Allen • 650-363-4800 • PIO@SMCGOV.ORG400 COUNTY CENTER • REDWOOD CITY, CA 94063 • 650-599-1664 • https://www.smcsheriff.com