On October 3, 2018 in the middle of the day on El Camino Real, Millbrae, California. Chinedu V. Okobi died after 5 San Mateo County Sheriff Deputies, Tased him, hit him with extended baton, and sprayed him with OC spray, at least 4 deputies were on top of him when he stopped breathing, was he turned on his side as policy requires, who if anyone provided CPR.
The City of Millbrae has hired the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office to provide peace officers or public safety services for the residents. Captain Paul Kunkel took over the Millbrae position just 3 weeks before this in custody death of a pedestrian happened.
We are not talking about a violent bank robbery, or car jacking suspect, we are talking about a man walking down the sidewalk. At the very minimum this demonstrates the provider is incompetent and at the maximum criminal behavior.
I have not seen or heard any comments from these two gentlemen who are responsible.
Millbrae City Manager Tom Williams
Millbrae City Council members below
Millbrae Mayor Wanye Lee
Millbrae Vice Mayor Reuben D. Holober
These are the seven people who are responsible to the residents of Millbrae to provide Police Services. They have remained silent. Many Good and Concerned Citizens have been speaking up at the Board of Supervisors Meetings demanding answers to what really happened that day Release the video and audio recordings.
That night I attended a Vigil at 1400 El Camino Real, Millbrae, California it was a stormy night full of love and respect for Chindeu and his loved ones. I did not see any of the seven people above attend. I did meet two neighbors who said they are terrified of the Police in Millbrae. I told them they don’t have Police in Millbrae they have the Sheriff’s Office, big difference. They also said they are sickened by what happened to Chinedu Okobi. I thanked them for attending and sharing their thoughts.
As a Private Victim’s Advocate I have personally filed a criminal complaint to both the State of California Attorney General Kamala Harris and San Mateo County District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe & John Warren, then publicly informed Board of Supervisors.
The criminal complaint was simple, some person(s) Hacked the State of California’s DMV Data Base. They placed San Mateo County Sheriff Deputy Juan P. Lopez’s confidential and protected drivers license number on another person’s ticket out of Los Angeles area causing him to have a suspended license and about $6,000 expense plus 3 months of no driving. You might have guessed it, neither law enforcement agency had any interest in Investigating the complaint. There lies the problem Oversight of Law Enforcement.
LATIMES today Jan. 6, 2019
DMV under scrutiny in voting glitch
State leaders will assess whether registration errors changed November election results.
By John Myers
SACRAMENTO — Faced with evidence that some voter registration forms weren’t properly filed by California’s Department of Motor Vehicles, state officials will now investigate whether any votes were wrongly rejected and whether the final results in any state or local races should be reconsidered.
Secretary of State Alex Padilla and leaders of the agency that oversees the DMV agreed on Monday to settle a federal lawsuit brought by advocacy groups including the League of Women Voters of California and the American Civil Liberties Union. The settlement, in part, states that Padilla’s office will “take steps to ensure that every vote is counted” if ballots were rejected and will provide “guidance to elections officials in the relevant jurisdiction(s) on how to count the affected ballots and, if appropriate, recertify election results.”
On Dec. 14, DMV officials revealed that staff members had not transmitted voter registration files for 589 people whose applications or updated applications were filled out before the close of registration for the Nov. 6 statewide election. At the time, state officials could not confirm whether any of those voters had been turned away on election day, or if any had cast last-minute provisional ballots that were rejected in the final tally.
Monday’s settlement raises the possibility that a full investigation of the delayed voter registration documents could reveal races in which the outcome might have changed had those voters been allowed to participate.
State officials now have 60 days to complete an investigation into the identity of those voters and why DMV staff members failed to transmit the files in a timely fashion.
The error was the latest in a series of mishaps revealed in the first six months of operation for California’s new automated “motor voter” program, under which DMV customers are registered to vote unless they decline.
“I am committed to working with new leadership at DMV and the new administration to ensure integrity of the motor voter program and accuracy of the data,” Padilla said in a statement Monday night. “This settlement continues to move those efforts forward.”
Padilla’s office said on Tuesday that a preliminary investigation had not found any instances in which voter registration delays would have changed the outcome of a race.
The deadline to register for November’s election was Oct. 22. The records in question either came in before that deadline, or included documents signed and dated before that date. A Dec. 14 letter to Padilla from Jean Shiomoto, who was then DMV director, said the registration records weren’t submitted “due to a misunderstanding on the part of the department, for which we take responsibility.”
Shiomoto retired from state government at the end of 2018. Gov. Gavin Newsom has yet to appoint a new permanent director.
“We continue to actively work with our stakeholders to ensure full transparency for the California motor voter program,” Melissa Figueroa, deputy secretary for communications at the California State Transportation Agency, said in a statement Monday. “As an agency, we are committed to getting this right.”
The settlement, filed Monday in a San Francisco federal court, said that DMV staffers failed to transmit voter registration documents in a timely fashion beginning Oct. 12 and that all documents were held back for the three weeks following election day.
Several other problems were reported just days after state officials launched the DMV’s automated voter registration system in late April.
Those included multiple registration forms sent to counties for the same voter , flawed registrations for 23,000 DMV customers and a limited number of non-U.S. citizens — permanent green-card residents — mistakenly added to the voter rolls.
The agreement to investigate why DMV officials didn’t promptly submit hundreds of voter registration forms “establishes concrete steps that California will take to investigate and improve the DMV voter registration system,” said Melissa Breach, executive director of the League of Women Voters of California.
I had hoped I would have heard from one of you by now 6 months after writing this story about San Mateo County Sheriff Lt. K. Bell and the Redwood City Police Department ignoring the DV Protocol, after receiving a 9-1-1 DV call. Not Attested and Gun was not removed. A young child was present.
From: Steve Wagstaffe Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2018 3:02 PM To: Bulwa, Demian Subject: RE: Jaffer story
Thank you very much. I apologize that we made the mistake we did and I appreciate your clarifying it for us.
Life is great here in San Mateo County; I hope it is going equally for you.
No Reporters have asked Deputy Lopez how he felt about that.
Case dismissed against former deputy
By Anna Schuessler Daily Journal staff
The case against a former San Mateo County sheriff’s deputy being charged for allegedly helping to smuggle cellphones and prescription drugs into county jail was dismissed Friday after a judge ruled evidence that could have showed he did not commit the crime should have been presented to a criminal grand jury.
But District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe said Judge Donald Ayoob is imposing a burden on the prosecution that the law does not require. He said prosecutors informed grand jury members of letters an inmate wrote recanting his testimony connecting Juan Pablo Lopez, 54, with a cellphone involved in the case, and were not required to present them unless the jury asked to see them. He disagreed with Judge Donald Ayoob’s ruling that prosecutors had a duty to present the letters, and said prosecutors may consider refiling the case or appealing the decision.
“We feel the judge made a very serious error in his ruling,” he said. “We will assess it the coming days.”
On Dec. 16, 2015, Lopez and two county jail correctional officers, George Ismael and Michael Del Carlo, were accused of providing cellphones and drugs to inmate Dionicio Rafael Lopez Jr., who was also indicted along with Leticia Lopez, Amanda Lopez and Roxanne Ingebretsen, according to prosecutors.
On Nov. 17, the case against Del Carlo was dismissed after Ayoob granted his motion to dismiss over strenuous prosecution objection, according to prosecutors.
Once a write-in candidate for county sheriff, Lopez is also being accused of embezzlement, perjury and election fraud based on allegations he used donations from his campaign for his own personal use and lied about his city of residence, according to prosecutors.
Lopez listed his residence as being in Redwood City but allegedly was living in Newark when he filed to run for sheriff in 2014. He is also being accused of misrepresenting his address on a real estate loan, according to prosecutors.
Lopez will next appear in court Jan. 25 to set a new jury trial date for the embezzlement, perjury and election fraud charges and is out of custody on a $170,000 bail bond, according to prosecutors.
She is the one person who has confirmed many of the statements that San Mateo County Sheriff Deputy Heinz Punschendorf made during the June 2018 election race for Sheriff. ” “Undersheriff Carlos G. Bolanos was transported to LVMPD holding cell.” Heinz is the former President of the DSA and he was President on April 21, 2007 the night of the FBI Sting Operation Dollhouse. There was Nothing massage parlor about that night.
November 12, 2018 They threatened to break the door down and send the dog in. Why? I called LVMPD Dispatch that night to confirm it was in fact Metro Police Officers banging on Jody’s door. The nice female dispatcher told me she won’t open the door, I confirmed that she won’t. She said they just want to ask her some questions, I said if that is true call her on the phone she will be more than happy to speak with them on the phone. I asked the dispatcher to inform the officers that I had called regarding Jody Williams and them refusing to tell her why they were there, and to call her on the phone if that in fact was the real motive for them being there at 9:30PM just stopped by to ask a few questions….About What?
Jody informed me the officers left about 10 minutes after my call. Metro did NOT call that night or the next day to “ask some questions.”
Hint: April 21, 2007 Las Vegas Nevada, FBI Sting Operation Dollhouse Witness, Involving Sheriff Greg Munks & Undersheriff Carlos G. Bolanos.
Update 11/17.2018 The Siena Suites Hotel is on Notice that they are responsible for the safety of Jody Williams and her daughter from the Las Vegas Metro Police who are right outside her door this very moment, Metro Dispatch confirmed they were there per my phone call at 9:35AM She refused to say why they there. If it really was for an event for My Father’s House Church you would think she would tell me.
The photo of door was from Metro’s visit Monday night 9:30PM to ask a few questions.
Keep Jody L. Williams alive and well.
Here are the types of videos LVMP puts up:
Here is what the front of her door looked like after banging on it and threatening to break the door down and send in a K-9 for about 40 minutes. They could have just called her or politely knocked on the door, if they really wanted to ask her some questions.
Update November 17, 2018 New Notice up at Jody’s today.